Finally, I think we're getting our house next week. The saleslady called me yesterday to tell me that. She also gave me some bad news. We have to fork over $1600 for a survey. The finance company had said even yesterday morning that everything was fine, and we were set to close. But I guess yesterday afternoon they changed their minds.
It may not be that much, but our property is pretty oddly shaped, with a lot of corners, so I'm erring on the high side. I told the saleslady to let the surveyor know to come to the house, and he could use a bike to get around if he needed to. With all the rain we've had, trees and bushes are out of control. I can't imagine him hiking the entire 104 acres.
While I've been waiting, I've been packing. Kind of. As of Monday, the house wasn't coming in till the last week of July. So I slowed down on the packing. I've been having to open boxes up for things I've needed already, so I thought, Why pack until the time is closer? Then she calls me yesterday and tells me the dozer will be here Monday or Tuesday.
(Insert scream here!)
Now I'm running around like a mad woman trying to get things done. I have fence to build to section off the horses, concrete block to pound, three trees to cut down, plus all the packing left inside the house. I thought I was ahead of the game, but I'm slowly slipping behind.
So, if you don't hear from me for a while (or I should say, a longer while), you know why.
Uh oh, I guess I need to call Hughes net too, huh, to get my satelite moved.