Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Amazing...Kindle...


I love my sister-in-law. She totally set me up. She GAVE me her 'old' Kindle, because her husband bought her a new one.
I love hand-me-downs.
This thing is awesome. I love it, love it, love it.
And today I love it even more. You know how they tell you to read your manuscripts out loud before you submit, because your ear will hear things your brain doesn't see?
How cool would it be for the Kindle to read your current work-in-progress to you on the way to work, or the grocery store, or whatever. Well, it does! You have to have an Amazon e-mail address, which is free to get. You send your wip to your e-mail, download it, and Kindle will transfer it to voice.
Even better, if you have a critique group, have them send you what they want you to critique, and it will do the same thing! Read it out loud to you when it's convenient to you.
Isn't that cool?
Or is this one of those things that everybody already knows about and I'm making a fool of myself very publicly?
In case I'm not, go to Amazon and Kindle support. Scroll down on the page and find the section about downloading wirelessly. Click on 'more information' and read 'transferring personal documents'.

No comments:

Post a Comment