Sunday, April 26, 2009


So, I returned from Dogwood yesterday, head full and heart warm. I met some fantastic people, re-met others and learned some interesting things. Our guest speaker was Tara Taylor Quinn, a well known and prolific author. I don't generally write suspense, but there were many items in her presentation that could be applied to straight romance. She was very articulate and gave wonderful examples of what she was presenting.
In this picture, Maddie James is on the left, Tara Taylor Quinn in the middle and Jennifer Johnson on the right. They were critiquing pages being read to them.


Unfortunately, I think I accidently deleted my notes from her presentation.


I was juggling 2 or 3 word programs, trying to e-mail another atendee's 2 page critique piece to the front desk, and somehow when I closed my Word program, I lost the three pages of notes.


That sucks. Big time.


She laid everything out perfectly too. My notes were neat and made sense, and I would have gone back to study them.


Grrr...


My dad and step-mom stopped by today on their way home. They ride a huge white Goldwing, and have put about 20,000 miles on the bike since they got it last year. The thing has every bell and whistle you can imagine, plus 'air conditioning'. This weekend they made a loop down into southern Ky , Va area, then came back up through. It's always good to see them.


Anyway, I think I'm going to write for a while. Hubby and I took a nap today after Pop and Nee left, and I'm feeling guilty. Must have been the tryptophan in the hamburgers we grilled out.


Oh, up to 20 chicks now too. I gave six away to the sitter, and we have twenty now of our own. And still hatching.


2 comments:

  1. Ouch. So sorry about your notes, Jennifer! Maybe they are in the recycle bin?

    Would you email me? I need to ask you a question. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, glad you had a good time at the conference. Thank goodness for pictures! Sorry you lost your notes.

    ReplyDelete