Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Good Idea for Anytime...Louis Ramey

So, our babysitter pulled through for us at the last minute on Saturday, and we headed to Lexington. Hubby and I don't get a chance to date much, so this was a special treat. One of my favorite things to do is go to Comedy Off Broadway, in the Lexington Green Shopping Center. I got online and ordered tickets. Their headliner was a dude I had never heard of. Louis Ramey. I looked him up on You-tube, and he was ok, but didn't seem spectacular.
Was I ever wrong!!!
From beginning to end, he had us rolling! His subjects were varied, and he had one-liners that really struck home. Of course he had to make fun of Kentucky, but he did it in a fun way. Apparently, he was on Last Comic Standing- not sure what year.
If I knew he was coming back to Lexington, I'd go see him again in a heartbeat.
http:/http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HgybeZCltk
This clip is pretty tame compared to what he did for us, but you get the idea.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment