Saturday, July 31, 2010

Udderly Delightful




Went to the Buffalo Trace Balloon Festival friday, and I have to say, it was one of the most visually stunning things I have ever seen in my life. I've lived in Kentucky 4 1/2 years now, and I've wanted to go to the festival the entire time, just haven't ever gotten the chance to. Schedules never worked out, or I found out about it after the fact. Seems like I always missed it for one reason or another. This time, my lovely neighbor Dorothy reminded me.



All tolled, I believe there were about 27 different balloons.









This balloon was called 'Udderly Delightful'. I thought it was damn cute.










They were having some problems getting this balloon vertical. See the little gray haired lady in the bottom left hand corner of the picture? She's a lot more enthusiastic there than when she finally gets in the balloon. With the basket jostling around, she did not seem especially thrilled. The balloon was actually tethered to the front bumper of the black truck she is leaning against, and it was moving as the balloon tried to lift off.


The balloons after everybody had lifted off.

Once the balloons were headed who-knows-where, they had live music and arts and crafts
to check out. And, of course, bounce houses for the kids.
It was a very nice evening.















No comments:

Post a Comment