Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Catching up...


So, this week has been especially busy. It started with the weekend being thrown off kilter.
Hubby works in Indiana during the week right now, and drives home on the weekends. This friday, on his way home, my brother-in-law called him and asked him if he wanted to go to Tennessee to the race at Bristol. Hubby actually hesitated, simply because he wanted to come home and see us. Isn't he sweet? But I encouraged him to go, because it was a once in a lifetime chance. Everything was already paid for, tickets, hotel, everything. Even most of the beer. (I think that was actually the deciding factor.)
I met him down on interstate 64 and swapped out dirty clothes for clean, told him I loved him and sent him on his way.
He had an absolute blast! My husband is not usually into races, but I think he may be on his way to becoming a convert.
Saturday, I took the kids to see Witch Mountain. It was surprisingly cute. For those of you that remember the original movies, you may notice the original kids, now adults of course, doing cameos in the movie. I had a pretty big 'DUH' moment when I realized. They looked familiar, but I just couldn't place them.
The kids and I built fence and worked on the garden Sunday. The sun was so nice, the three of us, as well as the three dogs, laid down in the field for a while and dozed off. Needless to say, we've gotten our first bit of sunburn for the season.
Monday afternoon hubby came home tired and happy. We relaxed for the day before I sent him on his way Tuesday morning.
Annie went to the vet Tuesday for a check up, and she's doing fine.
And today, I'm catching up on all the things I should have done this weekend.
Here's a funny one for you. We get after my son all the time to do good at school. He gets 'sticks' if he's bad. Monday and tuesday he got zero sticks, and I told him if he got zero sticks today (wed), he could go to the book sale and buy something. His teacher sent this note home :
'***** had a good day today, no sticks, UNTIL he went to the bathroom at the end of the day and locked the stalls and crawled under to keep the doors locked. He has received a stick for tomorrow.'
How the heck am I supposed to be mean mom when I read that? I glowered enough to make it to the truck, then I burst out laughing, out of his sight. What a stinker he is!! At least what he does is usually cute, and not destructive.
Sigh...

2 comments:

  1. Jennifer, I hope the dogs were on snake and general varmint patrol when the three of you dozed off in the field. You're a much braver soul than I am.

    Reading about the trick your son pulled in the bathroom made me smile. Are you going to punish him, or reward him for ingenuity? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah, No snakes. The dogs were sleeping beside us. I would have had to rescue Murph anyway.
    Well, technically I need to punish him because he got a stick, but I kind of glossed over it this time. I tried to make him feel bad by telling him a Kindergardener may have had to go potty REALLY bad, and what would happen if he couldn't get into the stall? He would pee his pants and get picked on and be really embarrassed. The humiliation thing kind of worked, I think, because my boy came home from school the other day with his butt hanging out where he had ripped his jeans open on the playground. I actually told him it was a cool trick, but that he needed to think of other people. I don't know if that will work or not. Honestly, this is pretty mild compared to some things my husband did in school, so I'm not complaining too much. It made me chuckle.

    ReplyDelete