Friday, January 30, 2009

Cabin fever




Ugh!!! I am so ready to get out of the house, and so are the kids. They have been griping and fighting almost constantly. They're tired of puzzles and books, and I finally gave in to my son today to play video games, although he's been on probation from them for discipline issues. I know, bad mommy. It was the only way I could get any kind of writing done though.
I went outside today and took more pics. The ice is stunning, even more so when the sun shines through it. I also went down and took pictures of our tree in the road. By coincidence, a plow was going through and I asked the county guys about moving the tree. They said they planned on it anyway, after they got the road clear. Yay!!! Since the John Deere won't start, and I don't know if it would be able to pull it anyway, that makes my life easier.
Kids are quiet right now, so I'm going to see if I can get more writing done. Night all.

1 comment:

  1. Jennifer, I feel for ya. Being cooped up against your will is rough, though I never had the kids-fighting issue to deal with. (I only have one kid.) Sometimes had to wade into the middle of kid-dog disputes... Okay, not really. So you, my dear, have a much more intense snow days experience than I ever did. I don't blame you on the video game reprieve. A friend told me once when I punished my son by taking computer privileges away from him, that I was punishing myself as much or more than him. Boy was she right. Oh--should I mention he's now in college, studying Computer Technology?

    Sorry...prattling on here...just woke up and trying to get the house up to 65 degrees. SOMEBODY let the wood fire burn out. That dog...

    ReplyDelete