Monday, January 19, 2009


Today was a pretty uneventful day. We caught up on some cleaning, and I caught up on some writing while the kids cleaned their room. Honestly, I don't even know why I bother cleaning when the kids are home. It seems like they just follow along behind and wreck everything I just cleaned up. I want to be a good mom and be interactive, but they were just rotten today.

Yesterday we did something fun. It was my daughter's 5th birthday last wednesday, and my mother-in-law sent her a kit of suncatchers to paint. We all ended up painting a couple, even Mark. It occupied the kids for a couple of hours with no bickering. They actually turned out pretty nice too. May send a couple to the in-laws.

I was watching the pre-inauguration coverage tonight, and, I have to admit, am very excited for Obama to be sworn in. Mark and I were talking, and we decided that a certain un-named person is a waste of time, and we'll be glad to see him out of the office. We're both surprised at how hopeful we are that Obama can change the country. Heck, he already has, to a certain extent. I had to laugh, because today he was doing community service for MLK day, and he started asking the reporters that were filming him if they were going to do anything today for community service. I love that he puts people on the spot. Makes them accountable for their own actions. Or inactions, as it were.
Till tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, friend!

    I finally got around to reading your blog, and boy are you in trouble! Why, you ask? Because I sat here--with my deadline ticking in the background--and read every single post. Shame on you for writing such interesting stuff.

    You are ashamed, right? :)

    Magdalena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. That's a real compliment coming from you, because I absolutely love your blog! I was looking forward to talking to you at the meeting, but you got sick. So, I'll have to wait till next meeting to tell you how much I like your blog and your last Legends book.
    Sorry I put you behind. (And no, I'm not ashamed.) If you need help with anything, please let me know.
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete